Wikipedia:Waxbarid/Macluumaad dheeraad ah
|Hordhac||Sida wax loo|
|Xasuusnow||Diiwaangelin||Macluumaad dheeraad ah|
You now know the most important things for contributing to Wikipedia. We're glad you wish to help develop Wikipedia, and we hope you enjoy participating in this virtual community. To experiment with editing, anyone can use the sandbox. The Wikipedia:Community portal lists tasks that you can help with. Articles of the most pressing importance can be found at Wikipedia:Backlog. If you need any further help, the main help page is located at Help:Contents (a link is always available through the Interaction sidebar under Help). Don't be afraid to edit, as you are encouraged to be bold! If you do get stuck, there are volunteers available to answer your questions, see asking for help for more information.
Is there anything else to learn?
This tutorial has been kept short and sweet, but you can always learn more......See Help:Getting started for a more comprehensive listing of guides. For additional learning materials, instructional videos, tutorials, and handouts, see the Wikimedia Bookshelf.For other useful directories and indexes, see Wikipedia:Directory.
Introductions to specific topics... Template:Aligned table
- Introduction to navigating Wikipedia: a five part guide to navigating Wikipedia. Introduction. Namespaces. Searching and redirects. Useful pages. Summary.
- Introduction to talk pages: a five part guide to using talk pages. Talk pages. User talk pages. Layout. Examples. Summary.
- Introduction to referencing: a five part introduction to referencing. Verifiability. Inline citations. RefToolbar. Reliable sources. Summary.
- Introduction to policies and guidelines: a four part guide to the rules. Policies and guidelines. Content. Conduct. Summary.
- Introduction to tables: a four part guide to putting tables in pages. Introduction to tables. Creating tables manually. Sortable tables. HTML and tables.
- Introduction to uploading images: a six part guide on uploading images. Introduction. Free content. Non-free content. Wikimedia Commons. Using an image. Summary.
- Introduction to the Manual of Style: a five part introduction to the Manual of Style. Links. Layout. Images. Citing. Consistency. Stability. Nuggets.
Advice and general information...
- The Frequently Asked Questions answers the most common questions about all aspects of Wikipedia.
- Faux pas avoidance helps you avoid some common mistakes.
- Advice for parents provides information for parents and legal guardians.
- Examples of some of Wikipedia's best articles, based on these criteria.
- Five pillars is a summary of the fundamental principles by which Wikipedia operates
- Simplified rule-set, an essay about some basic aspect of Wikipedia norms and practices.
- Libel, a Wikipedia policy about how it is the responsibility of all to ensure that material posted is not defamatory.
- Child protection, a Wikipedia policy about the behaviour and actions of adult editors with regards to children.
- "Cheatsheet" listing the basic editing commands.
- Simplified Manual of Style, an essay about commonly used style guidelines.
- NPOV tutorial is a tutorial on how to write from a neutral perspective.
- Learn how articles grow at Article development.
- Wikipedia:Conflict of interest, a guideline about editing topics where there is a conflict of interest.
- The Community portal provides links to community resources — this page is always available in the navigation sidebar.
- Information and resources by the Wikimedia Foundation
- The Bookshelf - A vast collection of high-quality, freely licensed, user-generated
|Editing Wikipedia||Illustrating Wikipedia||Evaluating Wikipedia|