|Maakhir State of Somalia
ولاية ماخر الصومال
|Heesta qaranka: Soomaaliyeey toosoo|
|Luqadaha rasmiga ah||Somali and Arabic|
|-||President||Mohamud Hamud Liibaan|
|-||Vice-President||Ahmed Guure Adan|
Maamul goboleedka Soomaaliyeed ee Maakhir waa maamul goboleed ka mida ah kana tirsan jamhuuriyadda Soomaaliya. Maakhir waxa ay ku taalaa waqooyi Bari soomaaliya waxaana dega qabiillo badan, waxaa ay ku abtirsataa gobalada Sanaag H/land iyo Galbeedka Gobolka Bari, waana maamul midnimo soomaaliyeed raba Waxa ay bahwadaagyihiin Maamulka Khaatumo.
Administrative divisions[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
Maakhir claimed the following administrative divisions:
Cities and towns[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
Politics and government[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
The disputed status between Puntland and Somaliland has also meant that Sanaag as a whole may not have received all the available and apportioned aid from UN non-governmental organizations (NGO)s and aid agencies. The newly established Maakhir government has made this issue one of their first priorities, and appealed to the Warsangali Diaspora for assistance.
Government[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
Due to drought conditions, administrative problems and threats of invasion from Somaliland, the government of Maakhir was dissolved on 6 April 2008 by governmental and presidential decree. President Jibril promised a new government by June 2008, but Warsangelis decided instead to rally behind the campaign to elect General Ilkajir as President of Puntland. By the swearing in of the new president of Puntland, Abdirahman Mohamud Farole, Maakhir had fully rejoined Puntland.
The two branches of government in Maakhir (the Parliament and the Executive) were led by:
- President Jibril Ali Salad - President of Maakhir
- Eng. Ahmed Gure Adam - Vice President
- Eng. Farah mohamed Ali - The House of Representative Speaker
State secretaries[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
Maakhir State of Somalia had 17 State secretaries.
Former President Salad appointed seven people to his cabinet on 4 August 2007. Ahmed Sheikh Salah resigned from the cabinet due to health reasons, and eleven more secretaries were added on 8 September 2007,[dead link] establishing the following State Secretaries (called Xoghayaashan in Somali):
- Mr. Ahmed Hussein Yuusuf - Secretary of State for Interior and Security Department
- ENG Saeed Adan Saeed - Secretary of State for Housing.
- Miss Hodan Khalif issa - Secretary State for Finance and Commerce.
- Mr. Iimaan Haji Warsame Faarah - Secretary of State for Environment.
- Mr. Mohamud Mohamed Iise - Secretary of State for Social and Labor & Employers affairs.
- Mr. Sa'iid Du'aale Mohamed - Secretary of State for Transports.
- Mr. Sadik Abdi Misan - Secretary of State for Natural Resources
- Mr. Ali Sa'iid Osmaan Qodah - Secretary of State for Trade and Manufacturing
- Mr. Abdurrahman Sa'iid Ahmed - Secretary of State for International Relations
- Prof. Ali Abdurrahman Hirsi - Secretary of State for Federal relations
- Prof. Mohamed Ali Mohamed - Secretary of State for reconciliation and peace affairs.
- Mr. Omar Liibaan - Secretary of State for justice and Religious affairs.
- Ms. Zainab Ismaa'iil Mohamed - Secretary of State for Family welfare.
- Dr. Ahmed Ali Mire - Secretary of State for Agricultures and Livestock
- Mr. Abdulkadir Mohamed Sa'iid - Secretary of State for Fishing and marine resources.
- Eng. Abdirizak Ali Mohamed (Black) - Secretary of State for Media and Culture.
- Mr. Ali Mohamud Nuur (Ali Sanaag) - Commander of Maakhir Police Forces.
The Parliament of Maakhir had 38 members.
Recognition[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
Maakhir had received legitimate political support from Asha Abdalla, who represented Sanaag in the Transitional Federal Parliament. The state was never formally recognized by the TFG as a whole.
See also[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
References[wax ka badal | wax ka badal xogta]
- Jibrell has called the Diaspora to reach out to increasing IDPs in Sanaag and establish Civil Society Organisations
- "Maakhir State of Somalia names State Secretaries". Laasqoray.net. 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
- "Maakhir State of Somalia names 7 new State Secretaries". Laasqoray.net. 2007.
- Maakhir State of Somalia increases its Parliament members
- "Maakhir State gains support in Somalia parliament". Laasqoray.net. Garowe Online. 2007-09-05. Retrieved 2007-11-21.
"Somalia" waa qayb qiyaas oo aan jirin ee Template:Coord missing.
Dhibaatada badanaa waxaa sababa u ah qaladka hingaadda ama qayb ka-sareeya oo sax ah.
Liiska oo buuxa ee qaybaha, fiiri Category:Maqaallada ka maqan xogta juquraafiga iyo qayb hoosaadkeeda. |year_start = 2007 |event_end = Dissolved |date_end = 11 December |year_end = 2008 |stat_year1 = |stat_area1 = 45000 |stat_pop1 = 900000 |currency = Somali shilling |cctld = .so |calling_code = 252 |footnotes = }}
Maakhir (Af Soomaali : Goboleedka Maakhir; Af carabi: ماخر Maakhirian), officially the Maakhir State of Somalia (Af Soomaali : Maamul Goboleedka Maakhiran; Af carabi: ولاية ماخر الصومال Wilaayatul baladul Maakhir balad- aṣ-Ṣūmmāal) Waxa uu ahaa maamul goboleed iskiis isu maamula waxaana uu dhacaa Gobolada Waqooyi Bari Somalia, Maamulkan waxaa sheegta inay ka taliyaan Maamulada Somaliland and Puntland oo ay dano Siyaasadeed iyo kuwo Dhaqaale kaga xiranyihiin Goboladan Maakhir . Bishii 12 aad ee sanadkii 2008 da ayuu maamulkan si toos ah ula midoobay mar labaad Puntland.
- "Somalia - Maakhir". Worldstatesmen. Retrieved 2 October 2013.